Saturday, June 19, 2010

X-rays Show the Extent of my Injuries









The technical term for my injuries is: non-union bilateral radius/ulna fractures. You can see in the x-rays that the long leg bones have broken and healed at the side of my wrists. Ouch! No wonder I can't walk.

Mom says that we trying to raise enough money for my leg surgery. And it is a daunting challenge! For initial consultation, x-rays, surgery, antibiotics, pain management, weekly bandage changes, and follow-up exams over a 2 month period, the cost will be about $3,000. Yikes….that is a lot chew bones! Mom assures me daily that I am worth every cent. She is even going to take me swimming in the pool afterwards for physical therapy. Now I’m crossing my paws (and it’s not very easy) that some kind people like you hear my plight and make a donation in any amount. It all adds up…really. And if I’m lucky enough to reach half-way to our goal, mom will schedule my surgery. Please share my sad story with others.

Donations to Open Arms (Foster Care & Adoption for Rescue Dogs) for HoneyBear may be made in four ways:
1. Mail a check to: Open Arms, PO Box 354471, Palm Coast, FL 32135
2. Via PayPal as a “gift” to: Paws2Heart@bellsouth.net
3. Directly to Open Arms rescue bank account: Intracoastal Bank, 1290 Palm Coast Pkwy NW, Palm Coast, FL 32137, Attention Julie (HoneyBear’s personal banker).
4. http://openarms4dogs.chipin.com/honeybears-leg-surgery

If you want to know about Open Arms, me and other dogs currently in rescue, as well as many that have been adopted in to loving homes, use this link to go to our Petfinder.com website:
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL691.html

Tender kisses and nuzzles from HoneyBear

No comments:

Post a Comment