Saturday, October 16, 2010

TWO STEPS FORWARD and ONE STEP BACK


Huh? What’s this photo doing on a little Chihuahua girl’s journal blog?!? Today’s update is my version of an anecdote about the frog trying to climb out of a water well. For every two steps the frog climbs, it falls back by one step making its progress challenging at best.

As you know, I have been experiencing the joy of walking on my strong and straight front legs. Surgery changed my life as I am now able to venture over and check out a bug or paw at my foster siblings to initiate play. But apparently my backside did not fully understand that it had to keep up with my newly-acquired front end activity. After one of my excursions, I began hopping like a bunny. At first Mom thought it was a Charlie-horse, but unfortunately that was not the case.

A visit to the vet revealed disheartening news. I have a ligament tear in my right rear leg that requires surgery. Mom is very sad so I am returning a few of the hugs and kisses that she has been giving to me. She said “HoneyBear, we are both pros at this surgery-thingie now and we can do it again!” Mom is getting organized for another fundraiser as my surgery will not be possible without donations from friends… humans and fur kids alike.

My next journal blog will share more about the surgery, its cost and new photos of me with my injured leg. If your heart is ready to join me on yet another journey, it will also explain how you can make a difference by donating to my leg surgery fund.

Luv ~ HoneyBear

4 comments:

  1. Your best wishes mean so much!
    Luv ~ HoneyBear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey Bear, I love you so much, I made a donation & will forward your Chip-In link & double-dog-dare all my friends to meet or beat my donation!!!!! I want to see a VIDEO of you running happily one day soon! Forget Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas are coming your way!!!!
    All my love, Auntie Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Auntie Beth,
    Thank you for helping me to reach my leg surgery fundraising goal. About that video ... Mom has really not entered the age of high tech to say the least. She doesn't have a video camera or a phone that takes photos. She knows the words Tweet and Twitter but doesn't know how. But she can use her digital camera to share via email and my blog. That's about it. Scary, isn't it?!?
    Luv ~ HoneyBear

    ReplyDelete