Friday, September 10, 2010

ABRACADABRA!!!


TA-DA!!! Look what disappeared. Yep, you spotted it right away. No more splints!!! Look at my straight legs. There’s a whole bunch to report after today’s visit.

Well, let’s talk about the elephant in the room first … the darn ol’ Elizabethan collar. A little infection developed on my legs … maybe from being wrapped in bandages for the better part of five weeks. It feels so soothing to lick-lick-lick them, but that’s a firm non-negotiable no-no. So I need to wear the collar for a few days; I’m sure my fur friends out there can sympathize! I came home with antibiotics and a medicated shampoo to help the healing process.

Also, it is very important to begin putting pressure on my legs without the splint supports. But, already it has proven to be painful for me (not to mention a scary venture). Luckily, Dr. MacKenzie included pain medication in my bag of take home goodies. It seems to help as I am able to take some baby steps under Mom’s watchful eye. In fact, she’s right there encouraging me when I sit down too soon.

Oh-oh. Mom just came in to the room and said “scoot-scoot-scoot”. She is holding a tasty liver bit in her hand and I don’t mind doing a combat belly crawl to get it. After all, that’s considered therapy to strengthen my legs too!

Luv ~ HoneyBear

7 comments:

  1. HoneyBear, your straight legs are beautiful!! I hope you will be able to walk on them soon with no pain.

    Love, Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. HoneyBear you look so adorable, wish we lived closer and could come over and hug you. My mom bought me a cute e collar, very soft and pretty. I wanted to lick, lick, lick too and that was a no-no.

    My shows us your pictures all the time, we try to kiss you through the computer. Sending big hugs.

    Merry, Gizzie and Buffie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice hearing from my fur friends (Cupcake, Gizzie and Buffie) and I thank your moms for helping you send along such nice thoughts about my new straight legs. I re-a-ll-l-y enjoyed the image of you trying to kiss me through the computer. If it okay with you, I may use that in my writings one day as it says it all so simply. I had a good weekend and will update everyone soon. I can't believe so many are still interested, but I feel warm and fuzzy when I get a message.
    Luv ~ HoneyBear

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful legs you have!! So glad to see you out of those bandages. Don't worry that e-collar looks PAWSOME on you! You wear it well my furend.
    So good to hear that you are allowed to put pressure on your legs. Be strong!
    Paw hugs,
    Chain Free

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Chain Free Beaufort. I am getting better and stronger every day. I don't have to wear the e-collar any more. Mom is trying to get some new photos of me up on my feet but I am always looking down or sitting down...and so far no luck. But I hope to post something very soon.
    Luv ~ HoneyBear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey HB, wazz up wif U ??? Are u running yet??? It's still berry hot and rainy here in Miami, but should be nice up in your end of the state.

    We wanted mom to remind us we have to send u our treat $$$ next month. We lub our treats but luv u more. I have my paw on the screen to reach out and touch you and send lots of healing prayers.

    My paws are touching ur heart

    Gizzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gizzie, you have a sweet way of connecting with me. I appreciate that you are still interested in my ongoing story. But I don’t want you to give up your treats for me. Every well-behaved pet needs their cookies, and you certainly deserve yours! I am doing very well, and Mom may be at the computer today to help me write an update. Since you know what I look like, send some photos of your whole gang to my email address so I can see you. It is paws2heart@bellsouth.net.
    Luv ~ HoneyBear

    ReplyDelete